We were supposed to leave today for Delaware City, DE, but the wind had other ideas. Several “loopers”, as we call ourselves, were determined to see Baltimore in their rear view windows this morning. None of them have the wind catching profile of Nautical Dreamer. So, we just waved them farewell until some future Port and took a relaxing day off. Okay, I took a relaxing day off. Rick did some caulking and a few other puttering things.
Tomorrow, we will be on the water by 6 a.m. We have close to an 8-hour travel day that should be uneventful (fingers crossed).
Watching the weather channel, tide charts, and NOAA’s website to see each square mile of water, has become our gospel for the next few legs. From Baltimore through New York City may be quite rugged, based on all those factors. A wariness has settled into my body and I’m worried how the pup will handle tomorrow, but “always an adventure “ sounds more positive so I’ll stick with that.
Our plans may change daily, but as of now:
Wednesday, June 6: Baltimore to Delaware City, DE
Thursday, June 7: Cape May, NJ
At this point, we will have to go “outside”, meaning open ocean. Sometime you wait quite a while in Cape May waiting on favorable conditions and a buddy to travel with for safety. If all goes well, we will continue:
Friday, June 8: Atlantic City, NJ
Saturday, June 9: New York City, NY (anchoring near Liberty Island). The statue at night should be beautiful!